Saturday, February 25, 2006

doing good business

Many people know that I have been using zappos.com for years now. I'm an evangelist for this site (which unfortunately means it will probably fail miserably). Here's why I love zappos.com: I can search for size beige vegetarian 8.5 women's sale boots, then read reviews on them, as well as fit advice, add them to a wishlist, and then order then with free shipping AND...free return shipping.

Yup, that's right, free return shipping.

I order two or three pairs, try them on, then return the ones I don't want. At first I felt bad about "taking advantage" of this free return shipping just to have a personal shoestore delivered to my living room, but then I realized I now do more than half of my shoe shopping at Zappos because of this. I suspect they realize that once my fingers feel that soft, distressed suede of the lime green cowboy boots, I will decide it's much easier just to keep them than to pack them up and drive them 6 blocks to the shipping place to return them for free. I must admit that has happened on more than one occasion.

I have also contacted Customer Service twice. They responded right away, and the person I contacted was able to resolve my issues immediately. Just as you would expect. So, give them your business.

Unless, of course, you discover that they are some ultra-right-wing anti-gay organization run by Nazi pedophiles, and my money goes to fund their terrorist activities. I haven't checked, so let me know, and I'll quit doing business with them.

No comments: